Friday, April 16, 2010

At my tenth class reunion, I was surprised to find that I enjoyed meeting my old classmates, walking around th

At my tenth class reunion, I was surprised to find that I enjoyed meeting my old classmates, walking around the school, and I even had a good time talking with the principal. is that sentence parallel?if not rewrite the sentence in parallel terms

At my tenth class reunion, I was surprised to find that I enjoyed meeting my old classmates, walking around th
Parallelism concerns the balance of a sentence, or the similarity of words, phrases, or clauses in a list or series.





Parallelism is necessary when a series of words, thoughts, or ideas appears in one sentence. If you encounter a sentence that just sounds wrong or clunky, look for conjunctions like and, or, but, and yet to determine whether the sentence is off balance.





See the examples here:


http://homeworktips.about.com/od/satwrit...





Your sentence: At my tenth class reunion, I was surprised to find that I enjoyed meeting my old classmates, walking around the school, and I even had a good time talking with the principal.





One possible revision:





At my tenth class reunion, I was surprised to find that I enjoyed meeting my old classmates, walking around the school, and talking with the principal.





If this or another answer here proves helpful in your research, you can encourage good answers by choosing one answer as the "best answer."





Cheers,


Bruce
Reply:Great answer Bruce!! Couldn't have explained it any better.

Racing Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment