Monday, May 4, 2009

My Classmates?

I'm a sophomore at a very small Christian private high school with a very small number of classmates (~25). My freshman year with them was great, for the most part, but starting my sophomore year, they have completely lost interest in studying (because our teachers are uniquely lenient). I believe our class average is currently about 55% to 60%. I extremely care for my grades, but I care more about my classmates. I do not want to offend them by telling them that they're dragging me down. What should I do?

My Classmates?
Is it necessary for you to tell them that they are dragging you down?





It sounds like you are in a no win situation with teachers who do not know how to teach or do not care about the results. In other words, they are cheating you of a good education and likely cheating your parents of their hard earned money.





Best suggestion would be to get out of that place and get a good education about the things that count for your future and that of your children, should you care to have them in this world of hate, horror and growing pollution.





It is important for you at this level of education to learn all you can in English, Math (though calculus), sciences (through chemistry), History of US and world, Geography, social studies and government. After that you should be getting electives in Art, Classic music, and various work related subjects not the least of which are computer related subjects.





You will not be able to get into any advances college or University with grades like that. How is that school even accredited? You had best worry less about your class mates and more about your future. Your "christian studies will not help you to get a decent job or to be prepared for the harsh and competitive world out there.
Reply:Well, to save yourself you need to tell them. Your grades are extremely important. It's hard to think about but friends do come and go. Just tell them that their disruptive behavior(i'm assuming) in class is distracting you and that you would appreciate if they can save it for AFTER class. Thats the time for fun. Not during class.


Good Luck! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment